Wednesday 9 September 2015

The Colonial Cook is Now on Pinterest

Of course, no announcement in Australia will ever be as exciting as Mr Craig's 1861 pronouncement that he would soon be exhibiting his "GIGANTIC CROCODILES".

Classified Advertising. (1861, August 5). The South Australian Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1858 - 1889), p. 1. Retrieved September 10, 2015, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article876076


I've been reading so many old newspapers that my first thought when I got a Pinterest account was that I should take out an advertisement in the classifieds advising the residents of the Colony that Miss Avery's Pinterest board was now displaying images that may be of interest to them.

I guess this blog post will just have to do instead. It's hard being a modern woman with access to sanitation, science-based medicine, and the vote.

In any case, check out my Pinterest board, full of historically-themed food photography here.


No comments:

Post a Comment