Wednesday 22 July 2015

Egg Miscellany

A week ago, in a flush of excitement, I blogged about this excellent mid-Victorian article all about eggs. I then went on to make wild promises about a follow-up post, possibly even a series of posts!

Well, cookery friends, it turns out that I am a lying liar who lies. My enthusiasm has wilted under an onslaught of my baby's fury as she simultaneously pushes four molars through her tender gums. To my knowledge, Earnest Hemingway never had to deal with a teething baby.

In lieu of quantity, I offer quality: two little egg-related gems.

First, Mr Breakfast responds to a reader's question about baking eggs whole in the shell: Ask Mr. Breakfast.

Second - from an era where paid presentations were just known as 'the news' - is the egg eating gadget you've been waiting for.


Egg Tongs. (1871, October 7). Australian Town and Country Journal (Sydney, NSW : 1870 - 1907), p. 21. Retrieved July 23, 2015, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article70469465


Enjoy, friends, with my apologies.


No comments:

Post a Comment